Thursday, October 29, 2009

Underwear Update

Since this potty training thing snuck up on us--we were unprepared. I decided to go cold turkey on diapers because he was sooooo ready to use the potty so I didn't want to go backwards. Therefore, I stayed home with Tyler while Jeff ran to Target to buy underwear and pull-ups. He wears underwear during the day and pull-ups at night. He's been doing okay...we stayed home the past two days so we could be close to the potty. He's gone a few times in his underwear and I think it was because he was mad I wouldn't give him any candy. He did beg for a diaper once but I gave him a pull-up instead. I tried the one day potty training today but they insist they walk around naked but he kept saying he was too cold. So, that didn't work. I've noticed if he's in a bad mood...he won't use the potty but if he's happy...he loves to use it! Anyway, Jeff came home with two packs of pull-ups for daytime and one pack for nights and every known super hero underwear they make. I think he got 18 pairs. Which is good since he went through three pair today!! He is 27 months old today!!! Hurray!



I've viewed a few of my friends blogs to get tips on what they've been doing to potty train! Thanks for the great ideas!