So, I say to all the other mom's that told me a year ago me if I didn't let Tyler go then that he would be clingy and cry all through Kindergarten and have separation anxiety well I say to you that it all depends on the kid's personality. I met a kid yesterday that was use to being dropped off but he had a total meltdown on his 1st day of school b/c his mother was having a meltdown. I put Tyler in school b/c he was telling me that he wanted to go to school and play with other kids. He first learned of this when we were in Montgomery and picked Jay Fields up from preschool and he saw Jay walking out with other kids. And of course, Moose A. Moose told him all about preschool as well!
As you may know--we've have some issues with potty training ever since the move. So, in order to attend preschool you must be potty trained. Well, there was nothing we could do to encourage him to go. But the Friday before school started--we attended orientation and he saw the other kids and played and we told him he had to use the potty at school if he wanted to go there. That's when we spent all weekend in underwear and no pull-ups and kept enforcing he must use the potty to get ready for Monday. And as he likes to say....Ta-Daaaaa....magic..it worked no accidents all weekend. However, I was still nervous about school. I was afraid he would be too shy to ask to use the potty. So, we went first thing and I kept reminding him to ask Ms. Evette if he could use the potty. I was sooooo happy to arrive at pick-up and see him in the same dry clothes I left him in. Ms. Evette said he did great and asked three times to use the potty. Yay!!! He remained in those same dry clothes the rest of the day!
Here he is with his school bag in the gym waiting to line up!
Walking down the hall to his class.
Leaning agaisnt the door at his class waiting on the stragglers to catch up!
And the door shut after he said bye and I peeked in and he didn't look back as he was already sitting down playing with green play-doh!
When I picked him up----he ran up to me and gave me a big hug and told me in this big excited voice that he had sooo much fun. He said he rode a bicycle and a fire truck, he said I did reading and writing. He said I ate peanut butter crackers and water. He said Mommy, I drank the water b/c I was thirsty! He isn't into water lately unless it's really cold! I told him I had his lunch in the car and he said, Well, let's go then! As we were walking off...he saw my toes and he said, Mommy, you got your toes painted? That's not fair...I want my toes painted!!!! So, I guess he learned the phrase, That's not fair" on his 1st day of school!!!!