Monday, August 4, 2008

Panicking or Parenting!?!

This is the day I needed my grandma! I woke Mommy up at 1:00AM, threw up all over her, then screamed frantically. Next thing I know, I'm gettin a thermometer shoved in me, syringes of medicine down my throat, and loaded up in the car on the way to the ER. Until suddenly, I started laughing at some cartoons. That's when my Mommy realized that I wasn't in an emergency state afterall. After reevaluating the situation, she determined that the ER would just give me IV's and something for the fever which she had already done and I was drinking plenty of fluids on my own so we calmed down a bit. We watched cartoons in the middle of the night and my fever broke quickly. I fell asleep on Mommy and I woke up happy and smiling at 9:30AM. I ate & drank well but I was still off the see the doctor. Now way out! Come to find out, I have my first ear infection. I was given Amoxicillin and I'm on my way to feelin better but for now Mommy has me quarantined although I am not contagious. But this started as a cold that lead to an ear infection....so better safe than sorry. But today was the scariest day of Mommy's life and she wanted to panic but was too busy to lose her mind and just dealt with it all alone. It sure makes us miss being so far away from the "experienced" grandparents.


I'm in quarantine--sorry no time for pictures today!